With Easter this weekend I thought it might be time to make something for the Easter Bunny. We all know that bunnies love carrots and this cake would be the perfect treat, that’s if you want to share it with anyone special.
Easter for us is generally about going to Blues Fest in the Norther Rivers. This year we are waiting on our little one coming in to the world. We would usually stay with Roy’s folks in the rain forest and spend some time with them. As well as our friends in the area and others who come for the occasion we get to catch up with. Music for us always brings us together. We really should have a theme song, well I guess that is why Roy writes a music blog to catalog the music we do listen too.
I hope you all enjoy your Easter with either friends or family and eat some scrumptious food. If you leave a slice of this cake out for the Easter bunny you may get a real big Easter egg this year. Mind you I would prefer a slice of the cake instead.
- 1 cup (250gm) brown Sugar
- 1 cup Olive oil
- 3 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp bicarb soda
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 cups of carrot, grated (about 2 lge)
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- Cream Cheese Icing
- 300gm sugar
- 125gm cream cheese
- 1 lemon zested
- 1 tbsp milk
- Preheat your oven to 180’c and line a round 23cm cake tin with baking paper.
- Place the sugar and oil into a large mixing bowl and stir to combine removing any lumps. Mix in the eggs, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add the bicarb soda, flour, carrot and walnuts stirring again to combine. Pour the batter into the cake tin.
- Bake in the oven for 35 – 45 min or until its lightly golden on top and springs back in the middle when touched. Remove the cake from the tin and allow to cool completely before making the icing.
- To make the icing place the sugar, cream cheese and milk into a medium sized mixing bowl, using an electric mixer combine. Add the lemon zest and continue stirring creating a stiff paste. Spread over the top of the cake and decorate with walnuts.