With Valentines day next week, this recipe will sweeten anyone up along with a good brew. Chocolate Biscotti is for not just for women, the men seem to love it too. With macadamia’s to chew on, indulge your sweet heart.
Chocolate Biscotti Recipe
- 90gm Butter, chopped at room temp
- 2/3 cup of Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cup plain flour
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup of Almonds chopped
- 1/2 cup of Macadamias chopped
- 125gm dark chocolate chopped
- Preheat oven to 180’c. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the sugar and butter together. Add one egg at a time, mixing after each till combined.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, then add it to the mixture, beat on low.
- Stir in almonds, macadamias and chocolate.
- Allow to rest for 15min.
- Shape the dough into two logs about 10cm wide and 20cm long on the tray. Use floured hands to do this.
- Place in the oven and cook for 25 – 30min. Allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled, turn the oven to 150’c. Cut the log into thin 1cm slices and lay them flat on the tray. Place them back into the oven and bake for a further 20 – 30min. They should become harder.
Allow to cool and serve with a cuppa