Lemongrass Tofu Bowl
Author: www.strayedtable.com | Lizzie Moult
- 1 large piece of lemon grass
- 1 large clove of garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp sugar
- 250g hard tofu
- rice, cooked
- pickles: sauerkraut, bread & butter pickles, daikon, radish, ginger
- veggies: capsicum, carrot, cabbage, zucchini, mushroom - finely sliced
- seaweed sheets
- sesame seeds
- Bruise and crush the lemon grass and then roughly chop it. Add it to a mortar and pestle along with the garlic. Mash to form a smooth paste with the salt and sugar.
- Cut the tofu into 1 inch squares (2.5cm) and 1 cm thick. Coat the tofu with the lemongrass mixture and cover with plastic. Allow to marinade for 20 minutes or overnight.
- Cook the tofu pieces in a hot pan until golden.
- Assemble the bowls by placing ½ a cup of rice in the bottom of the bowl, then lay out the cooked tofu, pickles and veggies. Add a few seaweed sheets to the side. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Recipe by Strayed from the Table at http://www.strayedtable.com/lemongrass-tofu-bowl/