Roasted Basil Lemon Chicken
Author: Lizzie Moult, www.strayedtable.com
Recipe type: Easy dinner
- ¾ cup basil leaves, roughly torn
- 250g chicken (breast or thigh), cut into four
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 zucchini, chopped roughly
- 125g cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees.
- Place ¾ of the basil in the bottom of a roasting dish. Place the chicken over the top of the basil allowing plenty of room.
- Pour over the lemon juice and sprinkle the zest over the chicken pieces. Add the zucchini to the dish.
- Scatter with the remaining basil leaves and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 10 minutes and then add the cherry tomatoes and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with quinoa for a wholesome dinner.
Recipe by Strayed from the Table at http://www.strayedtable.com/roasted-basil-lemon-chicken/