Lamb and Chickpea Salad
4 Lamb Chops
2 Cups of dry chickpeas
2 tbs Hungarian Praprika
50gms Holumi cheese
4 Roma tomatoes – quartered
1 tbs Flax seeds (linseed’s)
good squeeze of a lemon
Salt and Pepper
- Soak the chickpeas over night then cook for 1 .5/2 hours or until tender in boiling water. Drain once complete
- Heat paprika in a pan till the aroma has changed, add the flax seeds and stir.
- Add the chickpeas and tomatoes stir for a further 3minutes
- Cook the lamb on a grill – with holumi.
- Add holumi to salad once browned on either side. Add remaining ingredients to the salad and stir. Add salt and pepper
- Serve with a wedge of lemon and a nice tatziki sauce
The chickpea salad is a favourite of mine, it can be eaten hot, cold or warm. We tend to make the salad then the meat, as the meat only takes a few minutes. You dont need to add holumi to the salad, i personally love holumi and find that it adds salt to the dish and then dont add any extra. Each to there own tastes though.
You can also used 2 tins of chickpeas instead of using dry ones. Please wash them thourly before cooking with them.