Mushroom and Chorizo Risotto Recipe
1 1/2 cups Aborio Rice
2 tbs Olive Oil
500gms Flat Mushrooms cut into chunks
2 good quality Chorizo Sausages cut into chunks
1 Lge Brown onion diced
2 Cloves of garlic finely chopped
1 cup of White wine
2 cups of vegitable stock
1/3 cup of Good quatlity Parmasan Cheese finely grated
Salt and pepper
- Cook the onions till golden in olive oil, add garlic after 2 min, cook for another minute.
- Add the rice and cook until it has gone transparent.
- Add the mushrooms and cook till softened.
- Then start adding stock 100mls for starters and 50ml of wine, cook till it has mostly been absorbed, then keep adding small amounts and cooking it out till the rice is almost cooked
- Add chorizo in the last 5 minutes of cooking. Once the rice is cooked turn off the heat and stir through the cheese. I grated some extra cheese over the top for extra flavour
To make this risotto I have used the best Chorizo sausages i could find, pictured below. These are from our favourite butcher, Heinz Meats which is in woolloongabba, next to the Clarence Corner Hotel. They do a great selection of cold cuts to fresh meat. Classic butcher who loves what he does and you can tell by the standard of food.
The risotto is creamy and very hearty with the Chorizo added. The oils from the sausage have added extra flavour to the dish. Hope you like it.