Pork and Mushroom Dumplings Recipe
- 600gms Pork mince
- bunch of Chives diced
- 2 generous knobs of Ginger soaked in water
- 3 tablespoons Water
- 300gms Water Chestnuts, peeled and diced
- 300gms dried Mushrooms, soaked and diced
- 3 tablespoons of good Fish Sauce
- 2 tablespoons light Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Sesame Oil
This Mixture makes about 100 dumplings, to cook the dumplings you can either steam them for 8min in a steamer or I cook them in a heavy based pan over gas with oil for a min – make sure they don’t stick. then add 1/3 cup of water and cover with a lid for 5min and then serve with dark Chinese vinegar.
Dumpling wrappers can be bought fresh from any Asian grocer, ours are always next to the fresh noodle section in the fridges.