You know the days your just not organised? Well this often happens and we run out of bread. I like to make sourdough however you must have your starter ready to go. Needless to say I have a back plan on the days we need a loaf of bread.
This loaf of bread is easily thrown together and develops quickly. Anything that can be made first thing in the morning and baked before lunch is a winner for me.
Do you have a Plan B recipe?
- 600g flour
- 7g yeast
- good pinch of salt
- 375ml warm water
- In a mixing bowl combine the flour, yeast and salt. Add the water stirring as your pour. Combine the mixture to form a dough.
- Place the dough on to a floured surface and knead for 6 minutes. You can also use a kitchen mixer with a dough hook for this step.
- Return the dough back to the bowl and cover with plastic. Allow to rest for 45 minutes.
- Knead again for a minute and then form into your loaf.
- Allow the bread to rise in the tin for an hour.
- Bake at 220'c for 30 minutes or until the bread sounds hollow when tapped underneath.
- Allow to cool before slicing.