I love summer even though the heat can push me to the limit some days. However I have found nice little cool ways to start my day like these light and fresh Mango Cheesecake Breakfast Cups. I tend to find that in summer the mornings are warm and when you are hungry a piece of toast is all that your imagination can muster up. I have played with cool smoothies based on almond milk, yogurt with oats and fruit and plenty of fruit salads for my breakfasts. We are so lucky to get tropical fruit to eat banana’s mangoes, passionfruits, melons and lychee’s mmmm. Stone fruit is also a weak point for me. Last year I fell in love with peaches it was one of my pregnancy cravings. Usually I wouldn’t raise an eyebrow at them but now, mmm mmmmm. Devoured in less than a minute.
Do you find that as the weather warms up meals become lighter and portions also become smaller. Gone are the days of comfort eating to get you through the winter. Fresh flavours which are delicate tempt the pallet. Tell me what are your favourite summer time foods?
- 200g ricotta
- 80g mango, cubed
- 1 banana, sliced
- 30g walnuts, roughly chopped
- honey (optional)
- Choose two cups that are large in size and easy to eat out of.
- Place the ricotta in the bottom of each cup slowly breaking it up. I find the hard set ricotta better than the creamy sort.
- Layer the mango squares and banana slices over the top of the ricotta.
- Top each cup with walnuts.
- Drizzle honey (optional) - this is if you have a super sweet tooth.
- Serve immediately.