I also tried the place a few doors down from Quan Thanh, which is hard to do considering how good the Pho is there. But Liz wanted the stewed beef with roti bread that they make. The establishment is called Dakbla, after a river in Vietnam. I was also pretty good, i like how they brought out the beef on a separate plate for you to add yourself. Sorry no picture, i was too hungover to remember my camera.
My updated Brisbane Pho list:
1. Quan Thanh. (Hardgrave Rd, West End)
2. AJ Noodles. (Charlotte St, Brisbane City)
3. Dakbla. (Hardgrave Rd, West End)
4. Chi Chi’s Pho (Gladstone Rd, Highgate Hill)
5. The Vietnamese (Wickham St, Fortitude Valley)
6. Pho Kim Lan (Chinatown Mall, Fortitude Valley)
7. Pho B (Chinatown Mall, Fortitude Valley)
In other fronts: I am flying away tomorrow! First to Quala Lumpar for the day (9 hours) then onto Taipei and eventually the rest of Taiwan for 9 days. Then to San Francisco for 5 days and on to Tuxtla Guterriez and San Cristobel in Mexico, where I’m traveling around for 3 1/2 months. Then down to Peru and the rest of south America with Liz.
I sure ill have a few good pictures of a few eats for you in the coming months.