A couple of weeks back I attended a friends bub’s first birthday. I wanted to make something that was easy and bite sized, so you can shove it in your mouth while holding a little one on your hip. These mini pizzas are great for adults as well as the kids.
I prefer savoury food at a party and always tend to hover around the cheese plate. Sweet foods have never really sucked me in. As Isla has gone through a zucchini phase, I thought to keep these vego if others don’t love meat as much as us. I am definitely going to make these again as they were so easy, possibly for Isla’s first birthday if we end up doing something for it. We might have a spread of yummy breads, cheese and meatballs (Isla’s favourite).
You can easily make your own toppings, the key is to keeping it simple, three things are best. Mine in the picture are ricotta, zucchini and sun-dried tomato, other awesome options could be onion jam, beetroot and feta; tomato relish, ham and pineapple; ricotta, spinach and pinenuts; yoghurt, spiced chicken and mint or if you really need to go sweet maybe ricotta, strawberry and almond. The options are endless.
- 3 sheets puff pastry
- 100g soft ricotta
- 1 zucchini, cut into thin slices
- 80g sun-dried tomatoes
- Parmesan cheese, grated (or cheddar)
- Pre-heat your oven to 200'c and line a tray with baking paper.
- Using either a cup or cookie cutter cut out your rounds and place them on the baking tray.
- Spread the ricotta over the center of the puff pastry.
- Top with thinly sliced zucchini and then a few sun dried tomatoes.
- Sprinkle over a little Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.